Monday, July 21, 2008

Around the Blogosphere

First, allow me to say that I hate the word blogosphere (and the fact that spell check fails to pick it up is kind of frightening) but I have not dedicated any substantial amount of time or wit to coming up with a better word so I guess I'm not allowed to complain. Anyways, there isn't a ton of news to report on so I figured I would link to other sites that have pieces that I've enjoyed so here we go:
  • Puck That Hit has a post that echoes my sentiments regarding how silly it is to open the NHL season in Europe.
  • Jes over at Hockey Rants goes on about the mess that is the Nashville ownership and the NHL's lack of screening process for potential owners.
  • On Frozen Blog, hands down one of my favorite blogs and a site I visit regularly, has two great pieces. The first is an interesting commentary on an aspect of the NHL that makes more sense than the NFL (gasp). The second is a critique of the relatively new NHL Network and their summertime programming.
  • Lastly, we have a rather depressing piece at Puck Daddy about how few people in Carolina actually know the Hurricanes exist.
The weather in Burlington is supposed to be crappy all week long so there should be a fair amount of new material on the way.

No comments: